Sharing files – name change?

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Sharing files – name change?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I just learned about the ability to share a CODAP file, but something unexpected happened when I did.

I have a file named “Small dataset for Day 1.”  I got a link to share it, but when I open that link, the file is now called “teen and tech 2014-2015 dataset for club.”  This is, indeed, the name of the file that “small dataset” is derived from – but I saved a new file (with fewer attributes and a fair number of edits) as “small dataset”  and if I open it directly, it does have “small dataset” as a name.  But the sharing mechanism doesn’t seem to be propagating that name.    Am I doing something wrong?

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

Its hard to think that you did anything wrong. It seems that CODAP is confused. There is often a correspondence between file name and document name in CODAP, but it they are not always 100% in synch. Document name is the name presented in the field on the top left of the CODAP screen. I am having difficulty replicating what you are reporting. When you say you saved the file did you save it to your local file system or to Google Drive, and were you on a Mac or PC?

Thanks,
    Jonathan Sandoe

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I was on a Mac and I saved to Google Drive.  Would it help you to have access to the files?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

I was able to replicate the problem.

1. Create a new document and change its name to “First.”
    2. Save this document to Google Drive.
    3. In CODAP, change the document name to “Second.”
    4. In the Share menu choose Get Link to Shared View.

Notice that the name of the document reverts to First immediately. (Bug!)

If you go on to get the link and open it, the shared view has the name First. In fact, all trace of “Second” is gone.

Andee, I’d say you’ve uncovered a nice little rat’s nest of bugs here! Thanks.

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I don’t know whether to say “I’m sorry” or “You’re welcome!”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.